No products in the cart.
The natural physiological processes of perimenopause and menopause are influenced by a variety of elements including genetics, environment, diet, physiology, exercise, and psychology. Any one of these influences may be a source of symptom intensification at this transitory time of declining hormone levels. For not only is the healthy daily functioning and well-being of women affected, but of more concern is the increased risk of osteoporosis and heart disease.
‘Yin’ in Chinese medicine is a classification denoting the cooling, moistening, and nourishing functions and substances of the body, a role that the female hormone Oestrogen normally plays a significant part in. Declining levels of this hormone however creates the common menopausal symptoms of temperature imbalance, poor sleep quality, reduced muscle strength, fatigue, dryness and thirst, mood imbalances, and poor mental focus and clarity. An effective, targeted herbal formulation at this time can support healthy hormonal balance and provide valuable upkeep for healthy body function, while calming and nourishing lifestyle changes can also provide valuable assistance. Key lifestyle changes that have proven benefits include:
• Adjusting lifestyle to increase relaxation time and reduction of stress
• Initiating regular exercise routines especially those of yoga, tai chi, and swimming
• Rethinking smoking, alcohol, and caffeine intake, all of which have a damaging effect on hormonal balance
• Choosing foods low in saturated fat and rich in poly- and mono-unsaturated fats such as olive oil, flaxseed oil, and fish oils
• Letting go of the sugar and salt habit
• Having clean, clear, fresh water to drink on a regular basis.
• Focusing on specific nutrients such as vitamin E, calcium, and lactobacillus acidophilus for improved digestive, bone, and hormone function.
Research, Composition and Extraction
FemoCare® is a formulated therapeutic product developed by Professor Yi Huai Gao, Honorary Riddet Fellow of the Riddet Institute of New Zealand.
Extensive research indicates that bioactive polysaccharides derived from Ganoderma mushroom combined with other active herbal ingredients can enhance and rejuvenate cell functions, including detoxification, repair, and regeneration. The pharmacological value of Alpha natural medicine formulations is centred on three fundamental features – accurate chemical composition, researched therapeutic dosage levels, and precise quantities of active ingredients. Formulation ingredients are also required to be complementary and synergistic in their actions in order to achieve safe, stable, and effective final products with maximum efficacy.
Alpha formulations are based on the prescriptions and principles of Traditional Chinese Medicine restructured to contemporary standards by utilising advanced internationally patented technology to ensure products that have maximum concentration and bio-activity with relevance to today’s specialised health requirements.
Per 500mg capsule:
Adults: 1 to 2 capsules per dose. Take 2 doses daily one hour before or after meals with water.
Contraindications & Precautions:
Always read the label and use as directed. If symptoms persist see your healthcare professional.
TAPS Approval No: PP4958
1) Ganoderma lucidum extract
Ganoderma (Lingzhi / Reishi) is a revered traditional medicinal fungus with slightly warming properties. The legendary Chinese Emperor Shen Nong’s Herbal Classic, China’s first pharmaceutical monograph, rated Ganoderma as a superior herb for menopause due to its exceptional harmonising functions which provide:
· Significant support for hormonal balance
· Nourishment of the nervous, endocrine and immune systems
· Aid for bone strength in postmenopausal women
· Maintenance and regulation of skin moisture, elasticity and softness; and the promotion of healthy hair.
2) Cordyceps sinensis extract
Cordyceps (Dong Chong Xia Cao / Caterpillar Fungus) contains five active ingredients that are recognised for their beneficial medical use – polysaccharides, amino acids, polypeptides (proteins), nucleic acids, and vitamins. Its outstanding functionality for menopause includes:
· Supportive blood circulatory activity
· Support for balanced hormonal levels
· Nourishment of healthy liver and kidney function
3) Poria cocos extract
Poria (Fu Ling / Hoelen) is a fungus normally found growing on the roots of pine trees. It has a light sweet taste and its key benefits according to Traditional Chinese Medicine include supporting fluid balance, strengthening the spleen, harmonising stomach function, and calming the nervous system. It contains valuable polysaccharides that support mental clarity and focus and assist immune health.
4) Eleutherococcus senticosus extract
Eleutherococcus (Ci Wujia / Siberian Ginseng) contains complex components which include a variety of saponins, glycosides and trace elements. Eleutherococcus has a reputation as a highly effective antioxidant but also has valuable benefits as a menopause support for:
· Regular menstrual periods
· Healthy blood circulation and fluid balance
· Balanced nervous system function, mental clarity, and focus
· Improved muscle strength and reduced fatigue
5) Sophora japonica extract
Sophora (Huaijiao / Japanese Pagoda Tree) supports temperature regulation and fluid balance, provides nourishment for both blood and bones, and supports healthy circulation.
6) Cuscuta epithymum extract
Cuscuta epithymum (Tu Si Zi / Dodder) nourishes the liver and kidneys, and increases alkaline phosphatase, bone protein, and collagen synthesis in osteoblast bone forming cells which in turn supports bone mineralization.
1) A scientifically formulated and combined compound containing extracts of the concentrated herbals Ganoderma lucidum, Cordyceps sinensis, Poria cocos, Eleutherococcus senticosus, Sophora japonica, and Cuscuta epithymum.
2) A guaranteed high potency product manufactured with internationally patented technology using low temperature, low pressure extraction, multi-level biochemical isolation, activation and preparation techniques to ensure the efficacy of the herbal formulation.
3) Quality control that vigilantly monitors the compatibility of ingredients, accurate dosage, and correct chemical structure of the product formula.
4) Provides support for the uncomfortable symptoms of both perimenopause (pre-menopause) and menopause in women.
5) Provides nourishing assistance for the support of hormonal levels, fluid balance, and healthy blood circulation.
6) Assists with stabilising emotions, supports improved sleep, strengthens the nervous system, and aids revitalisation of energy.
7) Supports bone health and integrity.