No products in the cart.
Maintenance of Healthy cholesterol levels is a common concern for many people around the world. Responsible for 70% of all heart disease conditions, LDL cholesterol (Low Density Lipoprotein Cholesterol) may cause arterial blockage and lead to heart attack, blood clotting, and possible stroke. Western lifestyle and diets high in saturated fats are the main causes behind this escalating problem which mostly affects those over the age of 45 years, particularly men and postmenopausal women.
It is important to recognise the two main types of cholesterol. LDL (Low Density Lipoprotein) cholesterol is composed mainly of fats and is a large dense substance, while HDL (High Density Lipoprotein) cholesterol is a small molecule containing much less fat. High HDL cholesterol levels are to be desired as this form of ‘good’ cholesterol assists in reducing ‘bad’ LDL cholesterol levels by preventing its deposition in arteries. HDL cholesterol levels are increased when a healthy diet and exercise lifestyle is followed.
Hyperlipidaemia (as high LDL levels are termed) is an unsafe condition as there are generally no symptoms to indicate that arteries are becoming affected by cholesterol blockage. If this situation is combined with high blood pressure then potentially serious cardiac problems may occur.
Fortunately, enhanced dietary and lifestyle patterns as well as supplementation with well-researched and supportive natural herbal formulations can provide support for a healthy cholesterol status with consequent heart and artery benefits. Research guidelines recommend the following changes:
1) Increase fruit, vegetables, soy, beans, and lentils, and reduce high fat animal foods, sweets, and white flour baked products. Use healthy oils for cooking such as olive or soy oils.
2) Maintain or aim for a healthy weight level by increasing high fibre containing foods such as wholegrains, brown rice, vegetables, and fruits.
3) Improve heart health and lower cholesterol and blood pressure levels with 30 minutes or more of regular daily exercise such as power walking, swimming, tai chi, and yoga.
4) Avoid smoking and reduce alcohol and caffeine intake.
5) Keep general health in good condition by lowering stress and work overload, and take a healthy attitude and approach to life.
6) Make regular heart testing a part of your routine, especially those at risk: men over age 40 years, postmenopausal women, smokers, and those with high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, and diabetes. Blood tests and blood pressure checks can indicate if problems are imminent so that preventive treatment can be commenced before good health is affected.
7) Those already diagnosed with high LDL cholesterol profiles need to take medical advice for improved exercise, diet, and lifestyle habits seriously to increase their chances of prolonged good health.
Research, Composition and Extraction
Cholesterol Care™ is a formulated therapeutic product developed by Professor Yi Huai Gao, Honorary Riddet Fellow of the Riddet Institute of New Zealand.
Extensive research indicates that bioactive polysaccharides derived from Ganoderma mushroom combined with other active herbal ingredients can enhance and rejuvenate cell functions, including detoxification, repair, and regeneration. The pharmacological value of Alpha natural medicine formulations is centred on three fundamental features – accurate chemical composition, researched therapeutic dosage levels, and precise quantities of active ingredients. Formulation ingredients are also required to be complementary and synergistic in their actions in order to achieve safe, stable, and effective final products with maximum efficacy.
Alpha formulations are based on the prescriptions and principles of Traditional Chinese Medicine restructured to contemporary standards by utilising advanced internationally patented technology to ensure products that have maximum concentration and bio-activity with relevance to today’s specialised health requirements.
Per 500mg capsule:
Adults: 3 capsules per dose. Take 2 to 3 doses daily one hour before or after meals with water.
Contraindications & Precautions:
Always read the label and use as directed. If symptoms persist consult your healthcare professional.
TAPS Approval No: PP4958
1) Ganoderma lucidum extract
The active principles of Ganoderma lucidum (Lingzhi/Reishi Mushroom) have strong antioxidant properties that prevent the free radical damage of LDL cholesterol and healthy arterial tissues. Ganoderic Acid, a natural antioxidant also supports cardiac muscle microcirculation, balanced blood clotting, normal blood pressure levels, and healthy triglyceride fat levels.
Ganoderic Acid may also support the healthy balance of bad LDL Cholesterol and good HDL cholesterol.
2) Crataegus pinnatifida extract
Crataegus pinnatifida (Shanzha/Hawthorn) has a long history of respected and evidence based use for heart health both in Asia and Europe. Its rich content of protective flavonoids, vitamin C, carotene, triterpene acids, epicatechin, oligomeric pro-anthocyanidins, and rutin all support Hawthorn’s significant role in supporting these vital health indications –
• Healthy cholesterol balance
• Normal blood pressure
• Robust blood circulation
• Optimal heart function
3) Panax notoginseng extract
Panax notoginseng (Tienchi Ginseng) is rich in the active principles ginsenoside, flavonoids, panax polysaccharides, volatile oils, and a variety of essential amino acids and trace elements. Research indicates that this particular species of Ginseng supports blood vessel and cardiovascular health.
4) Ginkgo biloba extract
Ginkgo biloba (Yin Kuo / Maidenhair) trees are considered to be the oldest tree species in the world. Ginkgo leaf is used extensively across the world for its beneficial and supportive actions on circulation.
The active ingredients in this esteemed herb are flavonoid glycosides and ginkgolides which both historically and contemporarily are used to support the following health requirements:
• Vigorous blood circulation and microcirculation in blood vessels and heart tissues.
• Healthy blood viscosity and normal clotting
• Maintenance of healthy cholesterol balance
5) Ophiopogon japonicus extract
Native to Asia, Ophiopogon japonicus (Mai men dong / Mondo grass) is a trusted herb in the materia medica of Traditional Chinese Medicine where it is used to help clear the airways and fight fatigue. It contains vital active factors including saponins, isoflavones, and mucopolysaccharides which provide cardiac health and fluid balance support.
6) Liquidambar formosana extract
Liquidambar formosana’s (Lulutong / Chinese Sweet Gum Tree) bark, leaves, roots, fruits, and resin are all utilised for its valuable medicinal functions. The resin from the stems of this esteemed tree contains cinnamic acid, borneol, and volatile oils which support blood circulation and fluid balance.
Cholesterol Care™ Advantages:
1) A scientifically formulated and combined compound containing extracts of the concentrated herbals Ganoderma lucidum, Crataegus pinnatifida, Panax notoginseng, Ginkgo biloba, Ophiopogon japonicus, and Liquidambar formosana.
2) A guaranteed high potency product manufactured with internationally patented technology using low temperature, low pressure extraction, multi-level biochemical isolation, activation and preparation techniques to ensure the efficacy of the herbal formulation.
3) Quality control that vigilantly monitors compatibility of ingredients, accurate dosage, and correct chemical structure of product formulas.
4) Supports a healthy cholesterol profile.
5) Supports balanced blood glucose and tryglyceride levels.
6) Supports normal blood pressure and cardiovascular function.