No products in the cart.
PMT or PMS (premenstrual tension or syndrome) are terms that cover a variety of symptoms common for women at their monthly period including abdominal pain, nervous tension, bloating, constipation, and breast congestion. Fortunately most women experience only a handful of these symptoms, however by understanding the causes and then making the right lifestyle and dietary choices, wellbeing at this time can be significantly enhanced.
Natural and traditional Chinese medicine therapies indicate that the health of the liver plays a large part in the ease or dis-ease of the monthly period. The liver can be affected by a range of lifestyle factors – stress, unbalanced eating habits, caffeine, nicotine, alcohol, poor sleep and lack of exercise, infections, cosmetics and chemicals, and medications. However, by supplementing with supportive liver herbals and making lifestyle changes a trouble free month is possible:
• Caffeine and alcohol reduce vital nutrient levels in the body. Green tea, herbal teas, or hot water and lemon juice are healthy alternatives for coffee, cola, chocolate, and black tea.
• Maintaining a positive mood, avoiding stressful and overwork conditions, and maintaining regular sleep habits can assist in keeping the nervous system calm and settled.
• Regular mealtimes with plenty of vegetables and fruit, plus high fibre brown rice and wholegrain bread helps to maintain bowel regularity and prevent congestion.
• Increased protein – from eggs, fish, poultry, low fat cheeses, and meat – helps to increase iron levels which assist in reducing the PMT symptoms of depression, tiredness, and menstrual irregularity.
• Regular daily exercise assists with circulation, reduces bloating and congestion, and calms the nervous system.
• Keeping the kidney area warm, especially in cold climatic or environmental conditions, assists in maintaining good circulation and prevents congestion. Avoiding cold conditions, cold drinks and chilled foods, swimming, and late nights out, helps to maintain warmth and circulation in the uterine area, and can assist in reducing abdominal cramping and spasmodic pain.
Research, Composition and Extraction
Herbal PMT™ is a formulated therapeutic product developed by Professor Yi Huai Gao, Honorary Riddet Fellow of the Riddet Institute of New Zealand.
Extensive research indicates that bioactive polysaccharides derived from Ganoderma mushroom combined with other active herbal ingredients can enhance and rejuvenate cell functions, including detoxification, repair, and regeneration. The pharmacological value of Alpha natural medicine formulations is centred on three fundamental features – accurate chemical composition, researched therapeutic dosage levels, and precise quantities of active ingredients. Formulation ingredients are also required to be complementary and synergistic in their actions in order to achieve safe, stable, and effective final products with maximum efficacy.
Alpha formulations are based on the prescriptions and principles of Traditional Chinese Medicine restructured to contemporary standards by utilising advanced internationally patented technology to ensure products that have maximum concentration and bio-activity with relevance to today’s specialised health requirements.
Per 500mg capsule:
Women: 3 capsules per dose. Take 2 to 3 doses daily, or as per health practitioner prescription.
For optimal results take 1 hour before or after meals.
Contraindications & Precautions:
Always read the label and use as directed. If symptoms persist see your healthcare professional.
TAPS Approval No: PP4958
1) Ganoderma lucidum (Lingzhi / Reishi mushroom) extract
• Supports menstrual regularity;
• Soothes and relaxes the muscles and tissues in the abdominal and breast areas;
• Supports blood circulation and fluid balance;
• Provides anti-oxidant protection for reproductive function;
• Provides nourishing polysaccharides, oils, and proteins.
2) Angelica polymorpha extract
Angelica polymorpha (Chinese angelica / Dong quai) contains volatile oils and alkaloids which are used in traditional herbal medicine for supplementing and nourishing the blood, supporting menstrual regularity, invigorating blood circulation, and soothing abdominal tissues.
3) Paeonia lactiflora extract
Paeonia lactiflora (Chinese Peony Root / Baishao) is part of the Ranunculus flower family. The root of this herb contains valuable polysaccharides, glycosides and volatile oils which help to relax smooth muscle tissues and nourish blood and body fluids.
4) Cyperus rotundus extract
Cyperus rotundus (Xiangfu / Nut Grass) has a long history of use in traditional Chinese medicine for supporting menstrual regularity, comfort, and fluid balance.
5) Cinnamomum cassia extract
Cinnamomum cassia (Rou Gui / Cassia Bark) contains the volatile oil cinnamaldehyde, which has a warming quality that supports blood flow, circulation and menstrual regularity.
6) Corydalis turtschaninovii extract
Corydalis turtschaninovii (Yan Hu Suo / Laerkespore) is a perennial herb which assists in relieving stress, worry and nervous tension during the menstrual cycle.
Herbal PMT™ Advantages:
1) A scientifically formulated and combined compound containing pure extracts of Ganoderma lucidum, Angelica polymorpha, Paeonia lactiflora, Cyperus rotundus, Cinnamomum cassia, and Corydalis turtschaninovii;
2) A guaranteed high potency product manufactured with internationally patented technology using low temperature, low pressure extraction, multi-level biochemical isolation, activation and preparation techniques to ensure the efficacy of the herbal formulation.
3) Quality control that vigilantly monitors the integrity and compatibility of ingredients, accurate dosage, and correct chemical structure of the product formula.
4) Supports normal hormonal and endocrine function, and normal menstrual regularity;
5) Assists in nourishing energy levels, supporting blood circulation and fluid balance, and soothing nervous tension.