No products in the cart.
Stable sugar/glucose levels in the blood provide the best source of energy for the body’s cells. If this vital energy is unbalanced, then symptoms of fatigue, irritability, anxiety, sugar cravings, and excessive food intake, amongst other symptoms, may occur. Long term, more complex problems such as Diabetes and heart disease may also develop.
– How are irregular blood sugar levels caused?
Insulin is a natural hormone released in response to a raised blood sugar/glucose level. Its function is to take excess sugar out of the blood and convert it into a storage form of glucose or fat. Certain foods and drinks cause a very rapid rise in blood sugar levels and in response high levels of insulin are released. This then very quickly removes sugar from the blood causing a rapid blood sugar level reduction.
– What foods cause this reaction?
Quick digesting carbohydrates release glucose and sugar very rapidly into the system. These include carbonated drinks, sugar containing foods, ice-cream, white bread, white flour, white rice and pasta, and two minute noodles. Sugary spreads such as jam and marmalade also have this effect, along with sugar containing breakfast cereals such as rice bubbles, cornflakes, and wheat biscuits. These foods tend to rapidly digest, causing blood sugar levels to rise rapidly and then drop rapidly as insulin is produced.
– What other factors cause blood sugar imbalances?
Caffeine, as found in tea, coffee, cola, and chocolate also causes blood sugar levels to rise and drop rapidly, along with alcohol and cigarettes.
– What foods prevent this reaction from occurring?
Slow digesting carbohydrate foods create balanced blood sugar levels. These types of carbohydrates include wholegrain bread, wholegrain muesli and porridge, brown rice, wholemeal pasta and noodles, fruits, vegetables, and diluted fruit juices. Protein foods also help to sustain blood sugar levels: these include meat, chicken, eggs, fish and seafood, cottage cheese and yoghurt. Nuts, seeds, beans, lentils, tofu and soy milk are also useful. Meals that contain a good quantity of these types of foods create balanced blood sugar levels and sustained energy.
– What are the benefits of a balanced blood sugar level?
Benefits include sustained and long lasting energy levels throughout the day and during exercise, along with reduced cravings for sweet foods, providing easier maintenance of healthy weight.
Balance blood sugar levels with simple dietary practices:
• Consume three balanced meals a day containing both protein and complex carbohydrates
• Increase high fibre carbohydrate foods such as brown rice, wholegrain bread, and oat porridge in place of white rice, white bread, and packaged breakfast cereals.
• Increase protein foods including lean meat and poultry, soy products, eggs, fish and seafood, and yoghurt.
• Avoid added sugar, and reduce sugar containing foods and beverages.
• Restrict or avoid caffeine containing drinks, alcohol, and cigarettes.
• Keep healthy snacks to hand – low salt crackers with hummus or avocado; nuts and seeds; yoghurt and fruit.
Healthy Blood Glucose Values:
Fasting blood glucose: 3.6-6.1 mmol/L
One hour postprandial: <10 mmol/L
Two hour postprandial: 3.6-7.8 mmol/L
Research, Composition and Extraction
Tangulator™ is a formulated therapeutic product developed by Professor Yi Huai Gao, Honorary Riddet Fellow of the Riddet Institute of New Zealand.
Extensive research indicates that bioactive polysaccharides derived from Ganoderma mushroom combined with other active herbal ingredients can enhance and rejuvenate cell functions, including detoxification, repair, and regeneration. The pharmacological value of Alpha natural medicine formulations is centred on three fundamental features – accurate chemical composition, researched therapeutic dosage levels, and precise quantities of active ingredients. Formulation ingredients are also required to be complementary and synergistic in their actions in order to achieve safe, stable, and effective final products with maximum efficacy.
Alpha formulations are based on the prescriptions and principles of Traditional Chinese Medicine restructured to contemporary standards by utilising advanced internationally patented technology to ensure products that have maximum concentration and bio-activity with relevance to today’s specialised health requirements.
Per 500mg capsule:
Adults: 3 capsules per dose. Take 2 to 3 doses daily, or as per health practitioner prescription.
For optimal results take 1 hour before or after meals
Contraindications & Precautions:
Always read the label and use as directed. If symptoms persist see your healthcare professional.
TAPS Approval No: PP4958
1) Ganoderma lucidum extract
Ganoderma lucidum (Lingzhi / Reishi Mushroom) is rich in polysaccharides, Ganoderic acid and essential amino acids. The rich variety of amino acids originating from the Ganoderma fruiting body helps to support healthy blood-sugar balance. Some evidence indicates that Ganoderma may also support cardiovascular health.
2) Pueraria lobata extract
Pueraria lobata (Gegen / Kudzu) is a well-known traditional herbal which contains a substantial quantity of beneficial isoflavonoids including Daidzin, Puerarin, Daidzein, and Genistein. Some research indicates that these factors provide active support for healthy plasma glucose levels.
3) Mormordica charantia extract
Mormordica charantia (Ku Gua / Bitter Melon) is native to the tropics and has traditionally been used to support normal blood glucose levels. Data from research studies suggests that the insulin-like protein peptides it contains assist with energy homeostasis and have an ability to inhibit the breakdown of sucrose in the intestinal mucosa.
4) Salvia miltiorrhiza extract
Salvia miltiorrhiza (Dan Shen / Red Sage), a traditional Chinese herbal medicine, supports systemic blood circulation and is often used to support cardiovascular and circulatory health.
5) Rehmannia glutinosa extract
Rehmannia glutinosa (Sheng Di Huang / Chinese Foxglove), is an important herbal in the Chinese Materia Medica. It was initially recorded over 2000 years ago for its beneficial properties and contains significant quantities of amino acids and polysaccharides which research indicates aid in supporting:
• Stable blood sugar levels
• Healthy insulin resistance
• Balanced blood circulation
6) Astragalus membranaceus extract
Astragalus membranaceus (Huang-Qi / Milk Vetch Root) is a significant and commonly used herbal for aiding the alleviation of fatigue and sustaining body energy production. Some research indicates that its high polysaccharide content supports blood sugar balance due to its nourishment of the insulin producing Beta cells in the pancreas.
1) A scientifically formulated and combined compound containing pure extracts of Ganoderma lucidum, Pueraria lobata, Mormordica charantia, Salvia miltiorrhiza, Rehmannia glutinosa, and Astragalus membranaceus.
2) A guaranteed high potency product manufactured with internationally patented technology using low temperature, low pressure extraction, multi-level biochemical isolation, activation and preparation techniques to ensure the efficacy of the herbal formulation.
3) Quality control that vigilantly monitors the integrity and compatibility of ingredients, accurate dosage, and correct chemical structure of the product formula.
4) Supports balanced blood glucose levels and regular insulin secretion.
5) Supports healthy blood circulation and heart function.
6) Aids in restoring and sustaining energy levels, physical strength, and sports performance.
7) Supports balanced appetite and assists in weight management.